Main Purpose of the job
Responsible for planning and overseeing the client installation projects from inception through to completion encompassing survey, pre-start documentation, programme, quality control, H&S, client liaison, and handover.
- Demonstrate strong health and safety leadership and compliance throughout all activities relating to the project on which you and your team are working.
- Site survey and creation of drawings and material list for production.
- Provision of Customer Progress Reporting in a timely and regular manner, using correct reporting management tools and templates. Ensure the level of information provided is sufficient to manage expectations and considers the sensitivity of business to end-to-end client relation to avoid any detrimental effect.
- Pre-start documentation including RAMS, access, and tax compliance.
- Programme works and provides project plans updating client, Senior Project manager, and Ops Manager/Director throughout.
- Oversee, motivate, and coach onsite staff ensuring milestones/rates of install are hit on time.
- Prepares for and reviews employee performance with direct reports following company processes.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment, PPE, and all safety-related requirements onsite.
- Ensure safe systems of work are always employed on-site to achieve zero accidents or Loss of time incidents.
- Encourage the reporting of any near misses, highlighting both poor and good practices to provide wider learning.
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards.
- Submit reports on performance and progress promptly.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Monitor quality of production, reporting, and following up where applicable.
- Establish key relationships with suppliers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Set up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues, which may arise.
- To be proactive in ensuring that the work being carried out is to the highest standard in every aspect, delivered snag-free, and on time.
- Working out the human and material resources needed.
- Monitoring installation standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Liaising among different departments, e.g., suppliers, production, and engineering.
- Reviewing worker/contractor performance.
- Identifying training needs.
- Adhering to and implementing KPI functions.
- Assisting teams onsite wherever necessary to achieve goals, this may include working on tools, carrying out repairs, and making deliveries as required.
- To ensure that customer and business requirements are understood and delivered as required.
- Ensure site rules are observed by all that are working for and on behalf of DPI staff and sub-contractors and any other 3rd party suppliers of products, goods, logistics, and services.
- Ensure compliance with the project documentation file for Safety and Quality standards.
- Reporting on all Health & Safety returns and deliverables for each separate project.
- To produce & update RAMS as required.
- To ensure RAMS and safe working requirements are adhered to.
- To produce daily diaries of events and capture work completed or any progress issues for record purposes.
- KPIs set by the company, Continuous improvement.
- Safety record
- Installations on time
- Installations in budget
- Installations consistent through and of the highest quality
- Defect/Snagging free projects.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Computer Literacy and Information Technology.
- Product knowledge.
- Data Centre knowledge.
- Client management skills.
- First Aid at Work.
- Manual Handling Qualification.
- Health & Safety at Work Qualification.
- Complete and provable understanding of English written and verbal communication.
- Ability to demonstrate competent understanding and use of basic site tools and methods.
- Able to produce and read detailed engineering drawings.
- Experience in workshop or similar manual fabrication processes.
- Capacity to learn new skills and production methods.
Hours of work
40 hours per week.
£40-£70k dependent on skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Jane Blackwood on 0800 6891318.
- Statutory Pension
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Travel requirements: UK and EMEA