To post holder will be responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with Project Managers and Operations Directors. Responsible for the evaluation, negotiation, management, and mitigation of commercial and contractual risks on the contract for DPI. The role is to provide commercial input, advice on commercial opportunities and savings to the management and the project team. To maximise commercial benefit of all contracts. To manage and secure payment for contract variation and contractual claims. Ensuring that timely and appropriate contract notices and correspondence are issued. Project risk management and review of documentation as post contract commercial on individual contracts and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To report into the Commercial Manager to ensure proactive cost control through-out business activities.
- Preparation of financial reports
- Bid process of future opportunities
- Administer cost / variation procedures up and downstream.
- Carrying out full contract Surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Advise, guide and support on Procurement
- Compile Subcontract Orders and material Purchase Orders.
- Attend client meetings where required.
- Carry out monthly valuations
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) reports for monthly review.
- Ensure commercially the bids and the projects are assessed correctly, and risks identified using appropriate management tools as well as adhering to process.
- Proactively engage with the pre-construction / project management team to en-sure Health and Safety budgets and considerations are sufficiently supportive of deliverables and escalate any Health and Safety matters arising.
- Run weekly cost and reports as well as review with the project managers to high-light variance on each project.
- Liaise with the project manager to carry out reviews of progress against contract margins.
- Tracking changes to design and contract that impact budgets targets set by the business.
- Undertake any other work required to maintain project to timelines set up.
- Liaise and develop initial project budget and agree detail cost plan with commer-cial manager.
- Adherence to business process and operation within Construction ERP Manage-ment system
- To mentor and support the junior members of the commercial department.
Skills and Behaviours
- Experience of working within similar roles
- Related degree preferable but not required
- A Levels at grade BBC (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working to deadlines
- Well organised
- Driving license preferable
- Be willing to travel within Europe if required.
Hours of work
40 hours per week
Core working hours 8.00am to 5.00pm.
Negotiable depending on experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. For further information please contact Naveen Notiar on 0800 6891318.
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
Data Precision Installations (DPI) is a growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for ‘Can do, above and be-yond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successfully in implementing the biggest data suite installations Across UK EMEA. The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complexity installations. We as a Company prides itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.