Location: Germany (Frankfurt)
Travel: UK and EMEA
We are currently looking for an Electrical Project Manager to control the overall operational delivery of a project (or part thereof), considering the safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements, from bid and pre-commencement through to successful practical completion. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership, high quality customer relations and management of relevant support functions allocated to the project. The successful candidate should have aspirations to head up the GmbH business unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong Health and Safety leadership and compliance throughout all activities relating to the project on which you are working.
- Support the Senior Management and central H&S team by delivering clear and consistent communications.
- Deliver projects in line with ISO and business process in aid to provide customers a consistent delivery experience.
- Participate in bid activities that support sales and proposal team and processes. To ensure that professional, profitable, and successful bids are delivered, meeting customer expectations.
- Manage pre-commencement activities in line with business project delivery process. To maximise opportunities, efficiency and profitability in the delivery phase of the project. Review the project scope of works including installation methods, to ensure the precise provision of the customer’s requirements.
- Supply chain engagement, maintaining relation and understanding escalation structure and processes to overcome barriers to resolve disputes or issues.
- Engagement with the commercial team ensuring Sub-contractor contracts and performance is implemented. Management/contracts management across the full operations.
- Working with project commercial lead, identify and manage project risks and opportunities, ensuring that these are commercially mitigated or enhanced to provide a clear and up to date risk position.
- Lead the team to effectively manage the appointed specialist Sub-Contractors and ensure the work is being carried out safely, to the specification and programme. Develop effective, sustainable relationships with key sub-contractor organisation.
- Provide leadership for the project delivery team within the area of control; through clear provision of objectives, responsibilities, and accountabilities, managing performance accordingly. Offer guidance and feedback to maximise the performance of the team.
- Provision of Customer Progress Reporting in a timely and regularly manner, using correct reporting management tools and templates. Ensure the level of information provided is sufficient to manage expectations and considers the sensitivity of business to end to end client relation to avoid any detrimental effect.
- Provision of business contract reviews, including the preparation and submission of requisite reports and all project related data. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of costs, values and programme forecasts; seeking opportunities to suggest actions which mitigates risk and maximise profitability.
- Pro-actively engaged with the Commercial team ensuring contractual matters are represented to meet the constraints under contract.
- Develop/maintain positive long-term relationships with customers by understanding their requirements and ensuring that project objectives are defined. Lead project team/area under control to deliver against these objectives, ensure customer satisfaction and maintain sustainable relationships.
- Lead project team to the safe and successful completion of the project/area under control within agreed timescales, agreed budgets and to meet specification and customer requirements; ensuring that the project is closed out in accordance with the business process requirements. Ensure that project defects are closed out in a timely.
- Manages and supports effective use of company email in terms of structure, format, storage, and retrieval.
- Represent the business and attend events to promote the wellbeing of the business and engage with customers.
- Initiates contact with customers to assess future needs, provide recommendations to the business to adapt services and systems accordingly.
- Operates as a subject matter expert in relevant areas of expertise and/or sectors DPI operates within.
- Prepares for and carries out employee performance reviews with direct reports following the company process.
- Maintains/develops skills and team performance to deliver required outcomes. Identifies potential within the team and provides mentoring/coaching to team members to support development plans and career progression.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Leadership and people management.
- Sector and industry knowledge within Data Centre and associated services environment.
- IT skills in word, excel and power-point presentation.
- Financial awareness of profit and loss and commercial costing.
- Contributes to development of DPI strategy and systems. Implements, monitors and reviews performance against the DPI strategy and policy.
- Lead on a monitoring programme to enabling team members to progress.
- To have completed the relevant levels of qualification that is relevant with sector and industry.
- SMST & CSCS.
- Must have the necessary local accreditation and certifications relevant to the level of this role.
- Must have local electrical engineering qualifications and be a competent person authorised to oversee electrical installations.
- You must maintain and attend the necessary qualifications.
We are able to offer a competitive salary with performance related bonus and allowances.
Immediate start would be preferred but is not essential.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Naveen Notiar on +44 (0) 800 6891318.
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
DPI is a wholly owned private limited company established in 2012. We have a vision to be the number one data centre fitout specialist in Europe. DPI has enjoyed robust organic revenue growth over this period, principally driven through client retention and substantially increased demand. We have a policy to reinvest and are continually developing our product offering and supporting organisational structure. This allows us to deliver against one of our core objectives, that being to continuously improve.