Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire
We have an opportunity for a welder fabricator to join our team. An immediate start would be preferred but is not essential.
The post holder will need to fabricate steel parts and subassemblies and be able to produce the parts within the assigned timescale, fault free. They will also need to have a hands-on attitude with the knowledge of working machinery and/or hand tools, in a manufacturing environment. We manufacture Data Centre caging.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the sequence of works as required by the Supervisor / Team Leader.
- Set out drilling, cutting and other basic machining in accordance with the part(s) drawings.
- Ensure fabricated / welded assemblies are correct to dimension, level and square.
- Operate basic workshop machines: Saws, Drills and Weld sets in a correct and safe manner.
- Ask for guidance in all matters if required.
- Report immediately any safety risks or defects to the team leader or in their absence other management.
- Complete QA process paperwork in conjunction with the Supervisor / Team Leader as appropriate.
- Train new operatives in the fabrication processes.
- Read and interpret parts drawings and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project needs.
- Conserve resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve perfect surface texture for Powder Coating.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
- Check parts for fabrication are correct before starting work on the item(s).
- To compile with and adhere to all H & S regulations at all times.
Skills and Behaviours
- Flexible attitude.
- Must be good at working under pressure and well organised.
- Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of both verbal and written English.
- Ability to demonstrate competent understanding and use of basic workshop machine(s) and MIG welding.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of workshop or similar manual Manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Capacity to learn new skills and production methods.
Hours of work
Core day shift working hours will be 7.00 am to 4.00 pm. Flexibility of an hour each way of start and finish time may be requires. Overtime will be required.
Salary range of £20,800 (£10.00) to £26,000 (£12.50) depending on experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Andrea Arundell c/o email@example.com. For further information please contact Andrea on 07824 530812.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Overtime available
- Full training will be given
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
Data Precision Installations (DPI) is a growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and
installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successfully in implementing the biggest data suite installations Across UK EMEA. The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complexity installations. We as a Company pride itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.