Location: UK Offices / Potential Hybrid
We have an opportunity for ambitious, highly motivated Senior Sales Engineer to join our progressive and growing company. This is a key vacancy within the sales engineering team and the role will involve providing and working within bid plans with effective communication whilst obtaining necessary support via internal teams or supply chain so that customer timelines can be achieved.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Remain up to date with the Company’s health, safety, and environmental statistics relative to industry benchmarks to demonstrate our credibility and influence current/prospective clients as well as incorporate safety within tender processes.
- Work with the Senior management to identify and convert winning opportunities into profitable contracts, in line with business strategy.
- Use expertise, market intelligence, customer knowledge and influence to prepare a bid winning strategy that differentiates DPI from our competition.
- Ownership of assigned bids and where necessary early engagement involving supply chain stakeholders to meet timescales.
- Ensure accuracy of estimated cost, through detailed review, lead and undertake peer review with teams and senior management. Present cost and sales values, with capturing any risks and opportunities at final settlement.
- Maintain sales pipeline data on completion of bid submission using coordinated management tools in line with business process.
- Manage the production of allocated bid submissions to ensure that: our differentiators are communicated effectively, submission documents are completed on time, fully respond to formal and informal questions posed in the customers’ enquiry documentation and meet the requirements of the Invitation to Tender.
- Demonstrates sound understanding of software applications relevant to job role and utilises technology to improve work processes.
- Uses technology to share information, communicate and collaborate.
- Establishes and develops a wide internal and external network supporting tendering winning objectives.
- Demonstrates effective management and maintenance of third-party / supply chain relationships that are cost effective and provide efficient service where applicable.
- Identifies ways to gain competitive advantage through the delivery of superior levels of service.
- Leads secured bid handovers, ensuring transition of knowledge has been recorded, received, and understood. Actively support the project teams so they fully understand the client design specification, build, suppliers’ quotations, and customer requirements enabling successful delivery.
- Consults and supports project teams as subject matter expert (SME) providing the knowledge and expertise in specific area of skill and experience.
- Collates and shares customer feedback, keeps up-to date with environment and market trends to inform service development.
- Manages and supports effective use of company email in terms of structure, format, storage, and retrieval.
- Represent the business and attend events to promote the wellbeing of the business and engage with customers.
Qualifications: Skills and Experience
- Experience within M&E environment preferred, electrical knowledge essential.
- Sector and industry knowledge within Data Centre and associated services environment.
- IT skills and use of in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel Project and Power-Point – Intermediate / advanced level)
- Finance awareness of profit and lost and commercially costing.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills, with a result orientated ethos.
- Self driven and motivated, able to work alone or part of a team
- Contributes to development of DPI strategy and systems.
- To have completed the relevant levels of qualification that is relevant with sector and industry.
- If Applicable – SMSTS & CSCS as appropriate
- Must have the necessary accreditation and certifications relevant to the level of this role.
- You must maintain and attend the necessary qualifications.
Hours of work
40 hours per week
Core working hours 8.00am to 5.00pm.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Naveen Notiar on 0800 6891318.
- Statutory Pension
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Travel requirements: UK and EMEA
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
Data Precision Installations (DPI) is a growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that deliver high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successfully in implementing the biggest data suite installations across the UK and EMEA. The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complexity installations. We as a Company prides itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.