Travel: UK and Europe
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Structured Cabling Engineer to join our DPI team.
The post holder will carry out the installation, termination and testing of Structured Cabling systems & IP Electronic Security Installations as well as containment systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
To take lead in carrying out on site, the day-to-day duties of projects. This will include, but not be limited to:
- The installation, termination, testing, fault finding, Patching of all Copper, Fibre Optic Structured Cabling (SCS).
- The installation and servicing of Electronic IP Security Systems (CCTV, Access Control & Intruder Alarm).
- To liaise with clients to resolve any issues from an install perspective.
- Take lead and responsibility for the quality and productivity against programme of the installs undertaken.
- Installation of containment for SCS & Security Systems.
- Material Control, maintain records of deliveries and project stock.
- Able to update drawings and schedules, Notify Line managers of any deviations to scope.
- Monitor quality and productivity against programme and maintain daily site records and reports.
- Adhere to Datalec Precision safety policy and HSE requirements.
- Ensure all works comply with Datalec, Client and Manufacturers quality standards.
- Ensure timely completion of all required documentation, i.e. time sheets, vehicle summaries, daily site reports etc.
Skills and Behaviours
- GCSE Level – including Maths & English.
- NVQ Level 3/equivalent or above in Structured (Data) Cabling or IT Networking.
- IPAF Appropriate to title, CSCS card, and PASMA (An advantage) or IPAF (An advantage).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of the installation, termination and testing of Structured Cabling Systems (Data, Fibre & Voice) – Accredited experience in leading Manufacturer brands such as Corning, Commscope, Panduit, Brand Rex, Excel, or equivalent.
- Fully conversant with the setup and operation of the latest Fluke Analysers.
- The ability to locate and rectify faults on structured cabling systems.
- Security Background Checks (DBS / PES).
- Ability to work from construction drawings.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Customer facing, polite and informative.
- Team leader and team player.
- Full driving licence essential.
- Lone working – ability to work remotely.
- Willing to travel.
- Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI).
- Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®).
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®).
- 1 years’ experience with Electronic IP Security Systems (Preferred but not essential) – (CCTV, Access Control & Intruder Alarm), not essential.
Hours of work
- 40 hours per week with a requirement to work overtime.
- €45,000 – €51,100 per annum.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Andrea Arundell c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
We are growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for our ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successful in implementing the biggest data suite installations across UK and EMEA.
The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complex installations. We as a Company prides itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.