Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire
We are currently recruiting for a General Operative to join our team. Head office based in Buntingford, Hertfordshire.
The post holder will need to have the attitude for being hands-on with the knowledge of working machinery and/or hand tools, in a manufacturing environment in a small unit. We manufacture Data Centre caging.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set out drilling, cutting and other basic machining in accordance with the part(s) drawings.
- Ensure fabricated / welded assemblies are correct to dimension, level and square.
- Operate basic workshop machines: Saws, Drills and Weld sets in a correct and safe manner.
- Ask for guidance in all matters if required.
- Report immediately any safety risks or defects to the team leader or in their absence other management.
- Complete QA process paperwork in conjunction with the Supervisor / Team Leader as appropriate.
- Train new operatives in the fabrication processes.
- Read and interpret parts drawings and other written instructions and diagrams to perform task at hand.
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project needs.
- Conserve resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction.
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve perfect surface texture for Powder Coating.
- Check parts for fabrication are correct before starting work on the item(s).
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
- To compile with Health & Safety regulations at all times.
- Flexible attitude
- Must be good at working under pressure and well organised.
- Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of both verbal and written English.
- Ability to demonstrate competent understanding and use of basic workshop machine(s) and MIG welding.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of workshop or similar manual Manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Capacity to learn new skills and production methods.
Hours of work
Core day shift working hours will be 7.00am to 4.00pm. These core hours may require flexibility of an hour each way of start and finish time. Overtime will be required.
Salary range of £20,800 (£10.00) £26,000 (£12.50) – depending on experience.
Immediate start would be preferred not essential.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Naveen Notiar on +44 (0) 800 6891318.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Overtime available
- Unform and PPE provided
- Full training provided
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
DPI is a wholly owned private limited company established in 2012. We have a vision to be the number one data centre fitout specialist in Europe. DPI has enjoyed robust organic revenue growth over this period, principally driven through client retention and substantially increased demand. We have a policy to reinvest and are continually developing our product offering and supporting organisational structure. This allows us to deliver against one of our core objectives, that being to continuously improve.