Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire
We have an opportunity for a General Operative and Fork Lift Driver to join our firm. An immediate start would be preferred but is not essential.
The post holder you will need to have the attitude to being hands-on with the knowledge of working machinery and/or hand tools, in a manufacturing
environment in a small unit. We manufacture Data Centre caging.
Duties & Responsibilities
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Follow the sequence of works as required by the Supervisor / Team Leader.
- Check parts for fabrication are correct before starting work on the item(s).
- Set out drilling, cutting in accordance with the part(s) drawings.
- Ensure all cutting and drilling is correct to dimensions.
- Operate basic workshop machines: Saws and Drills in a correct and safe manner.
- Competent and qualified in the use of Counterbalance fork lift truck.
- Report immediately any safety risks or defects to the team leader or in their absence other management.
- Complete QA process paperwork in conjunction with the Supervisor / Team Leader as appropriate.
- Deliver materials to and from suppliers and client sites using company
- Cross-train and develop in other areas of the business to suit production
- To adhere to all H & S rules and regulations at all times.
- Ask for guidance in all matters if required.
Skills and Behaviours
- Flexible attitude
- Must be good at working under pressure and well organised.
- Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety within a
- Good understanding of both verbal and written English.
- Ability to demonstrate competent understanding and use of basic
workshop machine(s) and MIG welding.
- Able to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of workshop or similar manual Manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Capacity to learn new skills and production methods.
- Certification and licence to drive a fork lift truck.
Hours of work
Core day shift working hours will be 7.00 am to 4.00 pm these core hours this may have flexibility an hour each way of start and finish time. Overtime will be required.
Salary range of £20,800 (£10.00) to £26,000 (£12.50) depending on experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Andrea Arundell c/o email@example.com. For further information please contact Andrea on 07824 530812.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Overtime available
- Full training will be given
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
Data Precision Installations (DPI) is a growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successfully in implementing the biggest data suite installations Across UK EMEA. The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complexity installations. We as a Company prides itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.