Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire
With a minimum of 5 years design engineering management experience and proven leadership skills, the post holder will be responsible for managing the engineering and order processing teams based at our Buntingford facility.
As part of the Senior Operations team, you will manage the CAD/CAM Engineers to resolve manufacturing issues and constantly ensure efficient product flow consistent with established high industry standards in a deadlines-driven environment and introduce new products designed for manufacture.
Duties & Responsibilities
These will include, but not be limited, to:
- Managing and leading the Manufacturing / Design Engineering team with respect to vision, KPI’s, training and talent development requirements, team working, holidays etc.
- Coordinating work with other managers and colleagues.
- Planning and executing strategies for prioritising and completing jobs on time.
- Assigning daily tasks to CAD/CAM engineers and technicians.
- Checking work for technical accuracy.
- Constantly identifying new or improved processes in production and supporting functions to improve product delivery.
- Keeping up to date with current and developing trends in manufacturing.
- Leading research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Collaborating with the sales team to develop new products.
- Effective customer communications.
- Identifying progression of various projects.
- Creating reports to give/ updates on projects.
Skills & Behaviours
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or engineering discipline.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager.
- Proven managerial and technical skills within a design engineering environment.
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager in manufacturing/design or similar role, with thorough knowledge of fundamental manufacturing processes.
- Sheet metal manufacturing experience/knowledge.
- CAD /CAM software knowledge.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Organisational skills for simultaneously keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules.
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Communication and interpersonal skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel.
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methods and ability to make quick decisions.
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics.
- The ability to develop and implement processes and ensure compliance
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to create a set of qualifications for a new product.
£50k+ depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Overtime available.
- Car salary sacrifice scheme available.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. For further information please contact Naveen Notiar on 0800 6891318.
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
We are growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for our ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successful in implementing the biggest data suite installations across UK and EMEA.
The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complex installations. We are a Company that prides itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.