Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire
We have an opportunity for a CAD technician to join our team. An immediate start would be preferred but is not essential.
The post holder will need to learn all aspects of engineering and increase product knowledge. They will also need to assist the Engineering Manager to complete tasks. We manufacture Data Centre caging.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce CAD drawings according to client specifications.
- Working with a design engineer and individually on the design and development of new products.
- Produce 3D parts designs.
- Products and processes – continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing process.
- Interdepartmental support and communication.
- Work independently and provide engineering solutions.
- Creating production drawings using CAM software.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good computer skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft office.
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD (Inventor knowledge desirable).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to different tasks.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- No formal engineering qualification required.
Desirable skills and Knowledge
- Data centre industry
KPI / Measures
- Produce designs to the correct specifications.
- Layout designs accurately.
- Program machines efficiently.
Hours of work
Core day shift working hours will be 8.00 am to 5.00 pm. Flexibility of an hour each way of start and finish time may be requires. Overtime will be required.
Salary range of £26,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Andrea Arundell c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Andrea on 07824 530812.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Overtime available
About Datalec Precision Installations (DPI)
Data Precision Installations (DPI) is a growing dynamic Data Centre Installation Company that delivers high quality and cost-effective design, supply and installation. We are renowned throughout the industry for ‘Can do, above and beyond’ approach, with attention to detail that makes us successfully in implementing the biggest data suite installations Across UK EMEA. The business approach is project delivery that scopes for complexity installations. We as a Company pride itself on providing the high quality, consistency standards of workmanship in everything we do.